This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Friday, October 30, 2009

Kyra

(Kyra and her Beautiful Family)

My friend, Kyra, is such an inspiration to me. When I get the chance to see her living out life, I am always put into a place where I just want to know and enjoy the Lord more.
Just the other day, I was enjoying a book study of Susan Hunt's The True Woman, with some of the wonderful women in my life. In this book, Hunt references J.I. Packer defining Doxology as "the passion to turn everything into worship and so to glorify God by all one's words and deeds."
I, immediately, thought of Kyra Goffeney. She does this, and I want to be JUST LIKE HER!
I loved her blog post about contentedness and focus on Jesus. It's always so interesting to me to hear her talk about her life as "chaotic". I don't know why...I mean OF COURSE it's chaotic! She has 2 and a half-year-old (almost) triplets, for Pete's Sake!!! And yet, every time I'm with her, I feel at rest.

1 comment:

Kyra said...

Oh Jenn! I have no words to say because I am filled with encouragement. It MUST be the Lord if you feel at rest around me :) This is what the body of Christ is for, right!? To spur one another to love and good deeds. thanks for modeling so many things to me and others, too! Can't wait to see you in December!