This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Monday, February 08, 2010

I Have the BEST Life



Right now I am sick and am also suffering from what appears to be severe allergies. However, I'm kind of the good kind of sick...you know, the kind of sick that still lets you roam around your house doing some of the things you want, without having to do the things you DON'T want to do (like dishes).

My only child (outside of the womb) is asleep and I have just made myself an afternoon breakfast. I am going to watch T.V. and lay around. It's awesome. I don't have to be anywhere and my commitments all involve my home and family.

I am just reveling in this moment...wanting to remember it and be thankful for it. It's so easy to "revel" in the exhausting or frustrating mom-moments...more so, I'm sure, when one kid turns into two and three...

Lately, I have had one particular verse come up multiple times in every day..."Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." - 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I wish I could say that this verse has come up so much because I have been so close to the Lord that I have found it natural to "give thanks in all circumstances", but that is absolutely not what is going on. I've thought of this verse so much because I have felt like complaining so very often...which is strange...I clearly have THE BEST LIFE!

5 comments:

The Richardson's said...

What a nice time for you (minus the sick)...you look great! Can't even tell that you have a baby bump!

Thanks for reminding us to keep a grateful heart at all times- especially when it is the hardest!

Lindsay said...

That's funny...the verse that keeps coming up in our house is "Children obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right!"...must be part of the whole two and three age...

Ruth said...

Thank you.

Josh and Jenni said...

You do have the best life. Go you! Hope you get better soon. My allergies were awful while I pregnant. I think it is because you can't take anything. Figures...

B Dunlap said...

I hope you feel better, Jenn! Great verse. I love this picture of you, and I love seeing your kitchen! Makes me inspired to get a bunch of jars and fill them with healthful beans and grains. xo