This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Friday, September 03, 2010

Menu Plans for ME


I think I look very LARGE in this picture...but It's me with both my kids...so it's worth posting

Oh, there are so many Blogs I want to write...an update on Augustine, pics of my beautiful family, book musings...but what I need most right now is just a little ORDER in my life! I need the basics to start running smoother...like how I'm going to feed my family good food, give them clean clothes to wear and, somehow make our home more comfortable than just a huge pile of toys, dishes and clothes.

I've got to say, the CONSTANT nursing is really starting to get to me and make me CRAZY. But, it's very important to me, so I'm going to keep doing it. But, I've got to figure out how to make the other stuff go smoother, or I may truly go insane. It takes time and energy to get organized...but I feel like I am exerting MORE energy not having some procedures in place.

I often use my blog to "talk to myself," and today is no exception : ). I am going to begin posting my menu plans for the week (or the month) depending on how often I am able.

WHY? Is it because I am looking for more things to do? Uh...no. It's because, when I have had a menu plan in place, I have shopped smarter, spent less time preparing food, and have just enjoyed my day more. Also, I really want to lose this baby weight...while still eating well (and enough), for the health of my breast milk. That takes planning.

These menu plans will be, almost entirely, made up of recipes stolen from other people and will be based on the kind of food I want my family to be eating.

I have the right to change the menu on any given day...so if you come to my house on "Taco Tuesday" and we are eating waffles...I don't want to hear anything about it! I also don't want to hear anything should you see me out one day, devouring a beautifully iced, chemical-laden cup-cake. I'm very interested in preparing nutritious, real food at home. But the Lord has given me many delightful blessings on this earth...and a cupcake is one of them.

Stay tuned for my menu plans...maybe you will see some things you like!

2 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Not that you asked for any suggestions- but here is mine. My favorite thing when times are busy for dinner is the following:

rotisserie chicken

You can buy a huge one at costco or a few smaller ones at the regular store. Then you have like 4 meals just from that. Plus its healthy!

Night 1: Rotisserie chicken and veggies

Lunch the next day: use leftover chicken and shred it onto salad

Dinner the next night: Use the leftover chicken, shred it and make chicken quesadillas

Lunch the next day: Put leftover shredded chicken in some BBQ sauce and make shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches

Each of these meals only takes like 15 min. to make, they are all healthy, kid friendly, and really help me to take the guesswork out of what we are having each night.

I look forward to your other meal ideas so I can keep them in mind when I have two kids and no energy and baby weight to lose!

Jenn Lamb said...

first I have to tell that kevin saw the your picture and he said "wow she (gwen) is so big. that is so sad. we are totally missing out on their lives". what a sad truth. we miss you.

secondly, i agree. weekly meal planning is so freeing for me. but i never plan 7 meal for the week bsc i know we will have a left over night or i usually have one lazy night where we order pizza or make mac and cheese.