This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Monday, January 19, 2009

Things Are GOOD!

Big Girl Gwendolyn!

My little Gwendolyn has been doing SO good, lately! She was hungry. I've started giving her a bottle of formula right after she finishes nursing, at many of her feedings. She nurses until she doesn't like the amount of milk she is getting and then I feed her the bottle and she drinks a few more ounces. She was definitely hungry.

- I don't think that hunger was the problem the whole time, and my big change in diet could really be helping as well, but for the last few weeks...she had not been getting enough to eat.

- Now she is sleeping for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs at a time (during the day) and has begun to sleep through the night again.
- I know that giving her formula will, ultimately, not help the state of my milk supply. But, I am sick of my baby being hungry and I feel so happy seeing her fat belly and listening to her laugh so much more!

- I've even found myself feeling joyful and down-right giddy! She's been so cute! Sometimes she laughs for no reason. Also, on numerous occasions, she has fallen asleep in the car when she is tired. Yeah!!!
-My Mother-in-law, Carol, was such a blessing to me when she saw my last blog. She said, "Jonathan (my husband) was such a fussy and difficult baby. He wouldn't go to anyone but her, even as an infant." Also, she told me that she had to stop nursing him at 3 1/2 months because there wasn't enough milk for him. That just made me feel so much better! I mean, my husband is brilliant and very fun to be around. Gwendolyn will turn out just fine!
- I feel myself being able to breath better, again. And, the times when she flips out or screams, I can handle it better and not feel like it's the end of the world. I think that's because there are so many nice times in between!
- My Gwendolyn even got to play with her daddy all weekend and it was just so nice having him home and not studying.
- So, Praise the Lord, with me, for his Grace! I also praise Him for formula and bottles...and the money to buy both!!!
Gwendolyn and Grandma




4 comments:

Esquire's Wife said...

I am so glad things are improving!!! Keep up the good work, Mama! You're doing awesome!

mandy said...

hey did you pick up a bumbo for her?? i am glad things are continuing to improve. you are a great momma!!

The Williams said...

Yay for you!! Thanks for coming by the other day. It was mucho fun and Gwen is adorable. My dad was looking at our fridge yesterday and he stopped and said, "That
Bic and Jenn sure had a cute baby"...and he was right!

Mrs Bic said...

I did get the bumbo seat! I love it!