This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Wanting to be the "Lovely" Me

What do you do in the moment of complete frustrations? I have, for far too long, completely given into the aggression inside of me at the sight of my inconvenient and aggravating circumstance.

Lately, I have had many opportunities, as identified by ME, to react out of emotion and in a selfish manner. I am sad to say that most every time I have, indeed, gone ahead and allowed my "feeling" to free itself, therefore reacting in an unloving and ungodly way.

Surprisingly, this has failed to make me feel "happy" or "vindicated". I would have thought that doing what I WANT would render much better results.

Ah, but how quickly I forget that I am a slave to Righteousness and am bound to what is Good and wonderful and have been completely freed from the hopelessness of my sin, through the gift of GRACE from my Perfect SAVIOR.

Why WOULD my continued unruly and unlovely behavior make me feel anything but Crummy?!

That gentle voice I hear as I know full well that I have two choices in how I act, is the voice of the Spirit of the Lord. And HE LOVES ME.

No comments: