This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Monday, March 01, 2010

Spring Cleaning...Planning


Okay, it's officially MARCH! We're not happy about it...but we are going to CLEAN!

I sat down today and wrote out the items that would be included in my cleaning...and almost cried. Then, I thought that it might actually be more appropriate to laugh...because I had, originally, thought I could get it done in a week's time. HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!

Anyway, I'm going to begin on March 15th and do a task each day until it's done. My husband works 13-14 hour days in March and on Saturdays, so I'll be utilizing nap time and some evenings to do my cleaning. I have a feeling I will also be using Barney and Veggie Tales!

Soon I will assign actual days to each task...but here is my preliminary list:

Living/Dining
windows/sills/curtain rods
carpet spot treat/vacuum
baseboards
dust furniture and fixtures

Kitchen
wash and dust furniture
scrub surfaces
floors and baseboards
clean and organize pantry
fridge (gross) and microwave
windows/sills/curtain rods
dust fixtures
Office/Playroom
dust furniture/fixtures
clean desk and store extra material in garage
store some toys
window

Bathrooms
clean out under cabinets
scrub EVERYTHING

Master
store or dispose of unused clothes
dust (fixtures, furniture)
vacuum
windows/sills/rods

Garage
Too exhausting to list items



The secondary rooms are getting shifted (new nursery and Gwen's big girl room) and painted and decorated...the stuff I LOVE doing and wish I could do in the other rooms, instead of cleaning them...so I'm not including them in the Spring Cleaning.

The Garage is actually not as bad as I think it is...It just needs to get done...but I'm saving it for the end.

So, go ahead and get your lists done (if you are joining me) and let's give each other support through the marvelous World Wide Web. Your timing and tasks can be completely different from mine. Perhaps you will use this "Spring Cleaning" time to catch up on Scrapbooking or organizing photos or organizing closets or doing some serious Menu Planning...or finishing sewing projects...or yard projects...Whatever!

I look forward to being diligent with you and I am counting on those of you who have already agreed to make sure I'm on task!

5 comments:

The Williams said...

Oh, I'm so doing this. Maybe I'll clean in the middle of the night while I'm up feeding our little guy!

Mrs Bic said...

Yeah CARA! I'll be expecting your list of tasks soon...you know, because you have nothing else to occupy your time. :)

Jenn Lamb said...

definitely doing this! i'll post my list this weekend!! i need to get my butt in gear before this baby pops out

The Richardson's said...

oh my goodness. i hate cleaning. I would join you but we will probably be moving soon- so I will just clean as I pack.

then- I want to win the lottery so I can have a maid...I know that sounds bad but stuff like cleaning the baseboards is ridiculous...

Good for you!!! You are awesome!!!

Josh and Jenni said...

Goooooooo you! I might try to get around to doing spring cleaning after spring weddings. So we will talk in May. :o)