It's a little dark...I'm still learning how to use my simple technology!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
- So...to my gorgeous, young, single, childless Rose...I say, "Take this precious time of life and eat it up! Allow yourself to be reminded of what is truly real to you and where your joy comes from. Take this life and let it sing! Kick up your beautiful heels and RED HOT legs and DANCE! Love hard and dream BIG. Check that the source of your conviction is TRUE and be ferocious in it!"
- Most of all...keep emailing, texting and visiting your big sister who is prisoner in her home with a crazy baby and all the crazy baby's things! I am thankful for all your love and attention. I miss you when I don't see you, I pray for you most every day and I am proud of you.
- Some day, you will be in my shoes - older, barely wiser, needing to lose 15 pounds, playing on the floor with the most beautiful piece of attitude you've ever seen- and, even though it will be exactly where you want to be...you will smile to yourself and think, "How the H-E-double hockey sticks did I get here!!!!"
- We had a wonderful morning of sleeping in (after I got up at 5 and 7 to feed her...I think it's another growth spurt). I even got help from my husband at the 5 o'clock diaper change...her first diaper rash...not a happy baby!
Saturday, February 21, 2009
- formula (so my baby can be full and fat)
- the little container with different compartments that hold the formula
- the expensive bottles with all the parts that might help a gassy baby
- bottle drying racks, bottle coolers and heaters
- all the toys that shake, rattle and swing
- pretty burp cloths
- disposable diapers :)
- microwaves, dishwashers and washing machines!
- toy loans from older cousins (thanks, Hunter!)
- big cars to hold all the STUFF
- little green BUMBO seats that cost way to much and are sooo fun
- the tray that goes on the bumbo seat that costs extra
There is soooooo much more, but I am going to hold that thought...lest I start getting calls about my extravagant life style. Instead, here are some less-than-riveting videos of my little Love.Gwendolyn loves her baby doll from Grandma and Grandpa Bickerton...but she doesn't feel like talking about it!
Movin' On Up...in the toy world
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Monday, February 09, 2009
1 Hairless Dog
He is very adorable (as you can tell from the picture). But, on most days, he will make you just want to scream, out of annoyance.
1 Cry Baby
Again, completely adorable. But, on most days, she will make you just want to scream!
- Keep in mind, this is a temporary exchange. I will be wanting to get her back. I am looking forward to watching her grow into something other than a Crying Baby. You know, like, a Crying Toddler.
I have decided that we WILL be walking. I don't care if Gwendolyn cries every day until she can no longer fit into her stroller - WE WILL WALK. I have also decided that I WILL find, and charge, my I-pod so that I do not have to listen to her. I'll leave that privilege for the rest of my neighborhood.
Still haven't found the collar for this dog. I had to take a really long walk today to avoid and go around where there were people walking, because...
- (A) I don't want my dog to attack the people
- (B) I don't want the people to turn me in for not leashing my dog
- (C) I don't want to have to answer questions from the people about why my dog has no hair.
Thursday, February 05, 2009
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
Gwendolyn Loves her Big Cousin, Jacob
"Please take me home, Mommy...you know I can't be away from my house for too long