This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank You, Aunt Terry!

--Last weekend was wonderful. My Aunt Terry (along with my Uncle Frank and beautiful cousin, Natalie) came to visit from Long Island. It was such a blessing to have her here and to be able to be loud and have fun with her. I can't imagine that it was much of a vacation for her since she spent the entire time buying and preparing food for us, but we loved every minute of having her here. Gwendolyn Loves her Aunt Terry, too!

It takes 3 us us to get this I love NY shirt on Gwendolyn

You can't tell from this picture...but Gwen thought Natalie was the COOLEST!
--Aunt Terry has always been around for weddings, birthdays, babies. She's a permanent staple in my life and I feel so blessed to have her. She's the kind of Aunt and Friend that I want to be when I grow up! When I was a kid we would drive from Ohio to NY every year and camp out in her den and throw snowballs with our cousins. Let's not forget the trips to the city on the Long Island Railroad with my Dad, the best Manhattan tour guide there is.


--Now, we are across the country from each other...but it doesn't feel like it. We'll be back to NY soon, Aunt Terry! Hopefully this Christmas!


--Also, I totally credit my Aunt for changing Gwendolyn around. It was the week that she got here that Gwendolyn really started going to other people and not flipping out if she stayed up a little too long. Now she's very loud (in a good way) and sticking her tongue out and moving her little, fat body all the time. It's like she's pissed off she can't run, yet. Diaper changes have become a whole new challenge...but I love this stage!

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

Wow- you and I are more alike everyday! I have family on Long Island as well...strange! Maybe we were really separated at birth. It is great that you have family that came to visit. That is one of the great parts about having a baby- getting to see relatives from around the country!