In the big mess out there of condemnation, criticism, and angry opinion regarding nutrition, parenting, etc...It's always so nice when the word of God jumps off the computer screen and reminds me of the joy I have and the REAL meaning of LIFE.
I was doing a web search for a bread recipe that someone had told me about, and when I found it, I also found a Blog with a beautiful heading that read Take Every Thought Captive.
Thank you, Marilyn. Thank you for your recipes, your great tips and good products, but most importantly, Thank you for reminding your readers to Take EVERY Thought Captive...for we know, "Man cannot live on bread alone!"
From Marilyn's Blog:
Take Every Thought Captive
I have had plenty of challenges in the last year and you probably have to.
Phillippians 4:8 tells us:
“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.”
Translate this counsel to practical everyday advise by:
- Choose to give your anxieties to God.
- Choose to pray specifically.
- Choose to be thankful.
- Choose to dwell on the positive.
- Never allow yourself to complain about anything.
- Never picture yourself in any other circumstance or someplace else.
- Never compare your lot with another’s.
- Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
- Never dwell on tomorrow – today’s troubles are enough for today.
How are you doing today? His mercies are new every morning.