This Abundant Life

This Abundant Life
"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:10

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Letters to Friends On Stuff That Matters

My Dear Friend, Cara, and I decided to join in on this beautiful study at A Holy Experience, on loving Jesus and others with our words. Perhaps you would also enjoy this!

*********

Jenn,

This letter is totally for those of us who change poopy diapers daily. Otherwise, I think it could be categorized underneath “no one really needs to talk about these things, guys”. Just a disclaimer to everyone else, since I know you’re knee deep in poop like me J

Anyways, just a few minutes ago, as I was changing Clair’s diaper, I found myself saying,

“That’s right, I’ll wipe it all clean” and it reminded me of wooden pews and hot muggy mornings, when we would wave fans and sit next to my Grandma and Grandpa in their small country church singing, “Jesus paid it all! All to Him I owe…Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed them white snow”

Coming out of that memory I saw Clair, knowingly hold her legs and lift up, saying “wipe, wipe!” She waved her hand in front of her face and exclaimed “shew!”

How wonderful if we could recognize sin as matter of fact and embrace forgiveness as easily. Like, “oh yes, Jesus! Shew! I’m stinky…wipe? Wipe?” No left over guilt. No reminiscent shame. Just understanding that I once was shewy-stinky…but now I’m clean because He is there, of course, to wipe it all away!

Whew, time to dance naked around the living room in joy, right?

CARA

No comments: